Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mille Crepe @ Nadeje


Original Mille Crepe- RM8.50

Still on the Malacca episode, today's post will be on the famous Nadeje Mille Crepe. In KL, the only place you will probably see this (or at least the one I know) is at Food Foundry and I have heard and read too much about the standard and quality of the food not as good as it used to be. True enough, my first encounter with FF left quite a bit of impression on me that I vowed to revisit when I can finally drive and find my way there. Fast forward, think the food now is overrated and pricey... and the supposingly special Mille Crepe cakes are not that good anymore.

Haven't tried Nadeje before but read so much about it being more 'original' than FF's. So here we are at Nadeje!


Calpis Hisbiscus- RM8.50, Cafe Mocha- RM8.50

I have to admit, the cake here is better. Not too sure whether I've been psychologically hypnotized to think Nadeje's version is better from all the reviews, but the cake does taste good, and creamier. A little too pricey for a piece of cake though methinks. The drinks are ok, though really the Calpis Hibiscus is meant for those with an acquired taste :/

Overall a good place to have a teatime/evening tea break :)


Nadeje
G-23 & 25, Jalan PM4,
Plaza Mahkota,
75000 Melaka.
Tel: 06-283 8750


[disclaimer: the opinions expressed here are based on my personal views, tastebuds and preference and may vary for others. please dont sue me, i dont have money. kthxbye.]

12 comments:

CathJ said...

I love the way you take the cake photo.. very sexy(?)... ^_^

Big Boys Oven said...

layers after layers, such a treasure!

Huai Bin said...

The best Mille Crepe I had was in Melbourne, one place actually douses cream over it. I haven't tried any over here though. Melaka is a bit too far, shall go to FF instead. :)

KY said...

i only go to FF for their mille crepe and nothing else. lol

Calvin Goh said...

I had my first Mille crepe here. I didn't like my first bite but every bite got better and better. Tried the original and would like to go back for choc banana.

YilingL said...

Cath J,
Haha thanks!

BBO,
Can u make mille crepes too?

HB,
Melb is too far to satisfy cravings... Melaka nearer :)

KY,
Oh u FF mille crepe fan!

Calvin,
So descriptive!

eiling lim said...

I want to eat the crepe now!

Anonymous said...

they have a number of flavours, thats a good start though.
but business is not really booming for them, wonder why.
maybe ppl has gotten over the novelty?

YilingL said...

Eiling,
Go FF and buy la....

J2Kfm,
Yeah I guess when it's over-reviewed, over talked about, ppl just want something newer and fresh. Maybe shop feng shui not good also hhahaha.

wmw said...

I was shocked the other day when I went to Food Foundry...it's almost half the thickness it was before!

YilingL said...

wmw,
Gotta agree that food standards are mediocre at FF now... and not value for money anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hello , I'm Denz from muar , Do u have any valentine set dinner ? If I want to make the reservation I need ti contact wiv who ? My hp no is 017-6668533 ! Thxz

 
template by suckmylolly.com